Friday, May 20, 2011

Simone's Concert

Simone had her last violin concert of the year last night. She plays well for a first year student, but I don't think she'll want to play next year. She prefers the piano, and she hates the concerts; she gets very very nervous. She stood up next to her classmates before they started and I could see how upset she was. The boy next to her made some jokes and helped her calm down a bit. It's funny, but she doesn't get that nervous when she's acting, even if she has to sing or dance. Maybe she feels better prepared for those, or feels he has more skill.

Andromeda was a good baby. I nursed her in the car before the show, and she didn't cry until the last song. I had her dance on my lap, and smiled, "Yay!" when everyone clapped. I wanted to show her that listening to music and clapping was happy fun even though it was loud and a bit startling.

No comments:

Post a Comment