Sunday, January 16, 2011

Prioritizing

The most important thing for me to do right now and for the next several months is feed my baby. Then all of her other needs take precedence; diaper changes, baths, etc. After that are my own physical needs. I need to eat, eliminate and bathe, sleep and exercise. After that are the physical needs of my family; they need to eat, sleep, bathe and exercise. Then are the maintenance chores; dishes, laundry, house cleaning. Then there are those other productive things I like to do that aren't necessary, like writing. After all this is done, then I can play.

If I can multitask, I will get more done. I already do a lot of things while nursing. I eat and drink, I can write, though it's slow. I haven't figured out how to sleep, though I do protect the sleep of my husband. Mostly I play. If we can learn to nurse in the sling consistently, then I can do even more that's productive because I'll be able to move around. If I can nurse hands free in the sling, I can do just about anything without having to stop. If we can learn to nurse lying down, I can sleep, while nursing, too. There are really only two necessary things that I can't do with Andromeda in the sling: shower and ride in the car.

I can't control the actions of another person. I can only ask them for help or get out of their way. If they do something that inconveniences me, I can only ask them not to do it again, not go back in time and make them take it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment